2.11.2015

snow days

















 Wrap Coat: Zara (last season - currently salivating over this one) | 
Hat: Urban Outfitters | Scarf: J.Crew | Pants: Sam Edelman (on sale!) | 
Bag: Aimee Kestenburg via Nordstrom (old) | Booties: Tommy Hilfiger 



If the snow falls in the city, and everyone is there 

wearing fabulous winter coats through the storm,
 does it ever really matter?



 I have an obsession with coats. Like, a sickening obsession. I feel like they are the "forgotten" part of the outfit, yet they actually make or break the outfit in the end. Think about it...if you've ever worn a fantasic novelty coat, or a coat in a bright hue or cool shape, you've 100% gotten a compliment on it. Enter: this absolutely swoon-worthy Zara wrap coat. I thought about this for days and days and days before I purchased it. And in the end, it really came down to one thing: one woman's comment when I was trying it on in the store: "You look like Olivia Pope." Hi. I'm done. It came home with me that afternoon. 


I think it's sometimes difficult to argue the investment of coats since they are technically only around for one season: winter - but if you really think about it you're wearing them every single day, all season long. You probably wear your coat more than you do other items that are wearable for multiple seasons. So trust me on this, they're worth it. I worked this one all fall long, and in the winter, I layer it over a leather moto-jacket for extra warmth. Absolutely worth the investment, not to mention I feel like the queen of the Gladiators every time I wear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment