7.27.2013

weekend bucket list



Next week, I will be moving from one area in NYC to another, so this weekend I plan to keep things very low-key. I am obsessed with Mary-Kate and Ashley and their clothing line Elizabeth and James, so when I saw they were introducing handbags to the collection I was thrilled. You can read the Neiman Marcus interview with MK&A about their handbag-launch here. I will also be throwing myself into the book Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg after its amazing (and sometimes controversial) reviews about women and leadership in the US.

NYC has some amazing local food markets all across the city, inspiring Kate and I to visit a new one each week…this weekend it’s UnionSquare Green Market at 5th Avenue and 17th street. We will also be trying to get to the “When Fashion Danced” exhibit at The Museum of the City of New York, as it is in its last few days of exhibition.

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is always the best time to shop for pre-fall clothes because the discounts are unbelievable. I am tracking down these coated jeans, these calf-hair loafers and this pleated skirt.  I am also hoping to get to the Claire Vivier trunk show on the Highline at the Standard Hotel because her clutches come in the cutest prints and are the perfect size for a day of exploring NYC and heading out for a night on the town.

Kate and I will also be making our way to SweetGreen restaurant that just opened in NYC on Thursday. They have the most outstanding service and the most delicious healthy, local, organic and sustainable food (& large portions – if its healthy you can eat the whole thing, right?). I have a minor-league obsession with lemonade and was blissfully overwhelmed with the variety of flavors – I went with the Blueberry Basil. See if they have one in your neighborhood here.

After the big move next Thursday, I will be heading on vacation to the beach with my family. Beach-trips are always the perfect excuse to browse for sunglasses everywhere you go and these Tiffany’s cat eye sunnies with a bow detail are adorable and perfect for the beach and the city.

Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf’s is finally coming to DVD this weekend and I will be the first in line to purchase it. The film is a documentary about Bergdorf Goodman and its reputation in the fashion industry – and features many top-designers and fashion legends speaking on the store.  Fashion documentaries are one of my favorite things in the world.

Lastly, after finishing up with my second week of work and beginning to pack for the move, I’ll be thinking, “I’ve got designer bags under my eyes” (but really, if you have to have bags under your eyes, why not have designer bags?).

xx

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment