7.21.2013

My Weekend




I'm currently infatuated with everything 1920’s, and this book, written through the eyes of Zelda Fitzgerald, gives insight into what it was like to live as a prominent social figure in such an era. Once I'm finished with Zelda, I can't wait to make my way through the fantastic assortment of books  (everything from Hemingway to "He's Just Not That Into You") on this list by BuzzFeed. 

When I'm not reading "Z", I'll be shopping at Artists and Fleas in Chelsea Market. Open from 10am-7pm, this chic summertime-only flea market has some of the best vintage and handmade jewelry around (among many other trinkets and art pieces).  

I have been looking forward to the release of  Girl Most Likely since I found out about Kristen Wiig's starring role. Even though the movie hasn't received the best reviews, Kristen is always guaranteed to be hysterical - I’m crossing my fingers for bloopers at the end. Lately, I have been trying to wean myself off of my reality TV addition (mainly, KUWTK addiction) and I have found Treehouse Masters to be a great happy medium. The way they build such gigantic treehouses is always intriguing and it gives me some great design ideas along the way. 

Club Monaco is currently having their additional 40% off sale items event & I am never one to resist a good sale. You gotta spend money to save money, right? I have my eye on a few sparkly numbers: thisthis and this.

I love finding little café’s hidden away in nooks of the city and Ground Support Café in Soho is such a place. They have a limited but delicious and hearty menu, with gourmet sandwiches, pastries, coffee and the most delicious homemade lemonade.

Aside from my shoe and jewelry fetish, I also have a jacket obsession. This neon tweed MSGM jacket would fit perfectly into my summer/fall wardrobe and is perfect for  both work and play. 

Lastly, my obsession with the 20's continues as one of my favorite quotes by Zelda Fitzgerald took me into the weekend... “She refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn't boring.” Makes sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment