3.06.2013

The Working Fashionista



When I first saw this Suno peplum top in the January 2013 issue of InStyle, I instantly fell in love. I immediately ripped out the page, hung it on my fashion-inspiration board and have been staring at it longingly ever since. (The price tag may not necessarily match up with my college student budget, but a girl can dream, right?) I mean, what's not to love? This top has texture, shape, color-contrast, and can work for almost any occasion depending on what you pair it with on the bottom. 

Because I am about to graduate and move into the real world, I am constantly thinking about how to create trendy, fashion-forward outfits that are professional and work-appropriate. This outfit does just that. I love these Malene Birger cropped pants because of their front-zipped ankle feature, which creates a "slit" look at the bottom. This feature on the pants will pair beautifully with the slit nature of the peplum on the Suno top. The high waist on the pants will also guarantee that you're not showing any skin at work (a definite good thing). Add a black strappy sandal to make this outfit perfect for a day at the office and even some after-work drinks with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment